Yellow Candle Design Contest
for teens ages 13 to 18 years!
Are you a budding graphic artist? Do you have a talent for creating and designing? The Federation of Jewish Men’s Clubs (FJMC) is looking for design submissions for their 2015 Yellow Candle campaign. This contest provides the chance to have your artwork exhibited on tens of thousands of Yom Hashoah candles distributed around the world and to express your feelings about the Holocaust.
To be eligible to enter the contest:
- Entrants must be between the ages of 13 and 18
- Entrants’ families must be members of a synagogue, a Men’s Club or other organization that purchased the JFMC yellow candles for Yom Hashoah 2015
- All entries must be received by the Yellow Candle Committee no later than Friday, May 1, 2015
- All design entries must be 4 x 11 inches in size
- Artwork must be at least 600 DPI. This will give the proper resolution for printing the label on the container that is used for the candle. File formats acceptable are High Resolution jpeg or High Resolution PDF.
- All entire forms must be completed in full, signed by entrant and the entrant's parent(s) and legal guardian(s), scanned and emailed to email@example.com
Entries will be judged by a panel of graphic design professionals. The top three submissions will receive:
- First Place: $500 and their design used on the yellow FJMC Yom Hashoah Candle
- Second Place: $300
- Third Place: $200
For more information or to receive the full description of the contest rules, email the FJMC at firstname.lastname@example.org.