Beth Tzedec Calendar
Hanukkah Family Cooking on Zoom!
Let's Make Latkes!
Nov 28 2021, 12:00PM to 1:00PM
in the Zoom.
NOTE: This event has already occurred.
Join Anat on Zoom for a fun family cooking program making traditional Hanukkah latkes!
Pre-registration required to access the Zoom link information. Register with Anat at AKriger@beth-tzedec.org.
750 grams of potatoes from a variety intended for frying (about 4 units)
2 tablespoons flour or potato flour or matzah flour
2-3 teaspoons salt
A pinch of nutmeg is optional
Ground black pepper is optional
Oil or butter for frying
- Grate potatoes in a food processor or on a grater, place in a strainer lined with a diaper and squeeze well.
- Place the strainer over a bowl for 30 minutes so that the rest of the liquid drains. Pour off the clear water but leave the white and starchy precipitate. Add eggs, flour and spices and mix well. Add the grated potatoes and stir again.
- Heat a frying pan with a little oil and fry the pancakes for 2 minutes on each side until nicely golden.
- Transfer to absorbent paper and serve immediately or keep warm and crispy in a hot oven.
Add well-squeezed grated onion to the mixture.
Add 1/2 cup chopped herbs to the mixture.
- For Registration:
- Anat Kriger
- No charge
- Festivals & High Holy Days