Beth Tzedec Congregation is seeking a dedicated and experienced individual to oversee and manage the membership activities of the Congregation and coordinate the Congregation’s development and engagement activities.
A key member of the administrative team, the individual is responsible to:
- Meet with prospective members
and processing new member requests;
- Respond to inquiries and requests from members by telephone, email and in person;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Work with members with sensitive personal issues to evaluate each situation and gather information to determine their fair membership contribution level;
- Work with the Membership Committee to review and manage processes related to membership;
- Attend and take minutes at regular Membership Committee meetings and reporting to the Committee on membership records and statistics;
- Provide input to the Membership Committee regarding strategies for membership retention and recruitment;
- Provide direct support to the Membership Committee and provide information for membership outreach;
- Correspond with members on all membership related matters;
- Ensure that all membership records are up-to-date and maintain detailed records on all member communications;
- Work with the finance department on matters related to billing and collections;
- Develop and maintain files and database records on all fundraising activities, including researching potential members and donors and generating reports;
- Coordinate membership billing;
- Coordinate all non-ritual High Holy Day related matters;
- Develop and maintain relationships with members, volunteers, contributors, sponsors and event patrons;
- Assist with the planning, coordination and execution of fundraising events as required; and
Provide support to Executive Director.
- College or university graduate;
- Experience in a communal service or customer service role;
- Two to three years’ experience in a fundraising role or a related field, or equivalent combination of education and direct experience;
- Excellent listening and written and oral communication skills;
- Sensitivity and compassion to personal member issues;
- Extremely well organized and detail-oriented;
- Adaptable, flexible and resourceful;
- Ability to work within a team environment and under pressure; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office: word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
Please submit a CV and cover letter including salary expectations in confidence to Randy E. Spiegel, Executive Director, Beth Tzedec Congregation.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.