Beth Tzedec Calendar
Cooking for Our Neighbours: Matanot L'Evyonim
Feb 21 2021, 3:00PM to 5:00PM
in the Online / Live Stream..
NOTE: This event has already occurred.
Let’s get together (virtually, of course) with the amazing
Chef Jordan Wagman as he leads us in an entertaining, educational and tasty
workshop where we will learn to cook a special vegetarian recipe.
Participants will be asked to drop off their meals at the Ve'ahavata office on Monday, February 22, between 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., though we will cook extra so we can keep a little for ourselves, too!
We will be preparing Pasta Salad and Apple Pie Muffins. Please see the ingredient list below.
Register here: https://bethtzedectoronto.shulcloud.com/form/cooking-for-our-neighbours.html
Supplies and Ingredients
Pasta Salad, Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette and Carrot Strands (makes 4-8 portions)
- Saucepan with lid
- Blender or emersion blender
- 4 cups (1 L) cooked pasta
- 2 cups (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup (60 mL) olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup (60 mL) fresh basil, loosely packed
- 2 whole carrots, peeled
- 1 English cucumber
- ½ cup (125 mL) coconut or apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) kosher salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) black pepper
Apple Pie Muffins (makes 6 large muffins)
- Oil or paper-lined muffin tin (see tips)
- Large sauté pan
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) avocado or olive oil
- 4 cups (1 L) Granny Smith apples, finely diced (peeling is optional)
- ½ cup (125 mL) maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond flour
- ½ cup (125 mL) potato starch
- ½ cup (125 mL) rice flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) sea salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) almond milk
- 2 eggs
- For Registration:
- Shirel Barkan-Slater
- No charge; participants must supply their own ingredients.
- Community Action